“I am a person who does not fit the box assigned to me… I refuse to see myself as imperfect because of that.”


Non-compliant: A term used in the comic Bitch Planet to describe ~difficult~ women who are sentenced to an off-planet prison.


Non-compliant: A term used in the comic Bitch Planet to describe ~difficult~ women who are sentenced to an off-planet prison.


Excerpt from Bitch Planet #2 (2nd printing variant cover) by Kate Leth, design by Rian Hughes / Via flashordie.tumblr.com


The non-compliant symbol has since become a rallying point in the comics community, so much so that it was even available as a shirt at Emerald City Comicon.


The non-compliant symbol has since become a rallying point in the comics community, so much so that it was even available as a shirt at Emerald City Comicon.


In an ECCC panel called "Being Non-Compliant" Kelly Sue DeConnick (co-creator of Bitch Planet, along with Valentine De Landro) had this to say:


Via emeraldcitycomicon.tumblr.com


What I think the statement they're making is, I am a person who does not fit the box assigned to me.


I am too tall or to short or too fat or too black or brown or too indigenous or too atheist or too slutty or too frumpy or too gay or too whatever the fuck it is my culture is going to judge me for today, and I refuse to see myself through your eyes.


I refuse to see myself as imperfect because of that. And you will support me or you will get the fuck off.




View Entire List ›






from BuzzFeed - Latest http://ift.tt/1c6uBWY

via IFTTT

Publicar un comentario

drop a commect

 
Top